Sunday, 5 July 2009

I've been on my first holiday

We've just got back from a week in the Lake District. It was great fun! I learnt to swim, and got lots of practice in the lakes.

After driving all the way up the motorway, which was my longest ever car ride, first we went to Bowness, to find the water. Then we met Bramley, and we went to a much bigger beach.











We stayed in a cottage in Skelwith Bridge, 2 miles West of Ambleside. It was right next to the river, which made paddling really easy. My room was up in the loft. The first night I slept in my crate, but all the rest I was allowed to sleep where I wanted to - I chose Mat's dirty washing pile.













On day 2 (Saturday) we drove into Ambleside and did some shopping, then walked back to the cottage over Loughrigg Fell (but not to the peak). Then we walked to Elterwater to do some paddling.




















On Sunday we walked to Grasmere, via Huntingstile Crag. In Grasmere I played with my new rescue ring. Then Bramley arrived, over the top of Loughrigg Fell and we played on the beach. On the way back to the cottage, I was so tired, I tried to go to sleep in the middle of the road.
















You'll never guess what we did on Monday - we went back to Elterwater for some more paddling.

On Tuesday, Richard and Fran brought Rosie, Elliot and Holly to play. The last time I saw them I was very little. Now I am as tall as Rosie and Elliot (and much bigger than Holly). We all went to play at our favourite beaches in Elterwater. Then we went to the pub, all 5 dogs and 6 owners. The barman brought our some leftover beef for us which was nice.













We thought Elterwater was getting a little bit repetitive on Wednesday, so decided to go to the seaside. We drove to Barrow in Furness where the beach is huge (even bigger than Brean). I drank too much saltwater which made me just a little bit ill.













On our last day in the Lakes, we went on a boat ride on Windermere. First we got a coffee from the Waterside pub while we waited for our boat to arrive. Then the boat took us from Waterhead to Brockhole where we went for a nice walk, before catching the boat back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment